Information for Parents
KENTON BAR PRIMARY SCHOOL
Wednesday 6th January 2021
Firstly, I hope this letter finds you all safe and well. After closing the school with effect from yesterday, with limited notice, we are now able to provide an online curriculum offer for pupils who are having to stay at home. This is through the Seesaw for Schools platform for pupils in KS1 and KS2, and through the Tapestry online learning journal for pupils in our Reception and Nursery classes.
Your child’s class teacher will be uploading a number of tasks to be completed on a daily basis. As part of government directives, school is required to ensure that all pupils are engaging fully with the offer and parents will be contacted on a weekly basis if this is not the case – normally through a phone call.
Our Remote Learning offer will include:
- Daily online lessons in Maths, English, Topic/Science; each activity will include a taught element which may take the form of a video, a power point presentation, or a detailed, written lesson overview and they will all include an accompanying task. Children should complete and upload their work for each activity to either Seesaw or Tapestry. In EYFS this could be a photo of your child completing practical activities). Staff will respond to any comments as appropriate.
- These tasks will be marked and feedback will be provided. This will take place at least twice a week.
- A daily Physical Activity to keep children fit and active that can easily be done at home.
- Daily Phonics activities for children in EYFS and KS1 and some children in KS2 who have been identified as requiring additional support.
- Pupils in KS1 and KS2 will also be set a standalone weekly PSHE task linked to mental well-being and pupils should upload their response to Seesaw.
- Weekly spellings to practise will be set for pupils in KS1 and KS2.
- Your child will also be directed by teachers to access the following, where appropriate:
- Home Reading Books; Oxford Reading Tree online books
- Accelerated Reader; Reading Plus
- Times Tables Rockstars; Numbots
If you have any queries about the work set, questions can be asked to the class teacher via Seesaw or Tapestry. If you require urgent assistance, please contact the school office on 0191 286 0536.
Thank you for your support during this challenging time.
Mrs. G Easton
Deputy Head Teacher
Please see our Remote Learning Offer above which we have put in place during the National Lockdown and which now replaces the previous provision detailed below.
We would like to work in partnership with you to support your child whilst they are unable to attend school due to self-isolation and will be providing remote education tasks so that children can continue to access their learning from home.
Core Learning Activities which will remain the same each day.
Specific Weekly Learning Tasks focusing on English, maths and curriculum tasks will be updated each Monday.
We will try, where possible, to avoid the need for you to print out any resources.